Friday, January 22, 2010

The Beauty of Community

I think a lot about the state of things..art, spirit, love, family, vision, cats.... and community.

I've been talking to Dave for years now about the need to invite in and enhance our community.  We can be a bit isolationist, happily so but perhaps not dharmically correct. With the coming collapse of the world as we know it, the pressing importance of building, sustaining, enlivening ones community is calling our name.  All of us, not just the personal us. The way forward is presence and inclusiveness, not exclusiveness. I am, you are - the same. All together.

I always come back to the rightness of the universe as it is. Not a platitude that is easily swallowed.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the trends that are unfolding around me, and the ways I can be most helpful to those around me. My clients, my students, my loved ones. Those I don't know and will never know. I don't think it matters really. Community is really anyone we turn to and say "i'm here for you". Maybe we are all strangers to each other, and yet, 'I'm here for you". Something totally beautiful about that.

Talked today at the lecture about community, about integrity and authenticity. Business mind bridging to creative mind. I believe all that I say, funny. I do. Lovely crowd today, honest creative beings - who will do important work as they are ready. Sometimes I think that all we need is to be re-inspired to live in our truth, motivated to enact what is real from within - and then all will be ok.

The creative spirit. Naturally forming community. Leading us - as within as is needed. The collective artistic vision will be an interesting manifestation of our times. I look forward to being its witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment