Saturday, December 5, 2009

Seeing things Knowing things



Seeing things, knowing things  10" x 15" (c) Rhonda Schaller  oil on unstretched canvas Collection of the artist

It is so important to let go of unwanted ideas, past assumptions and what we think we know. I told a class I taught last week, that I hoped I died having unlearned all the things I think I know.  The seeds we plant in ourselves blossom and burst forth. I love my changing consciousness. I feel as if I grow simpler over time.

I change the titles of my paintings often, especially the ones I still own. It seems quite fitting to me that the one above should shift its perception of reality as I have.  A new awareness rising from my heart reflected back from the canvas.

Have been reflecting a lot on the conversations I have with the students and alumni I mentor at SVA. I am so fortunate to be able to give to them the truth of me. I get so much back in return. A beautiful soul, a masters program student told me in a session that my inspiration to others has become my artwork, a living breathng work in progress. Such a beautiful sentiment, a great gift to me. I have much to be thankful for as I unlearn my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment