Sunday, July 26, 2009

I like to watch.... (this is not what you think!)

My husband has discovered the XBox 360, I now spend hours watching him play Doom. I've been watching my son play video games for the last 15 years, so it seemed like a natural progression to now watch my hubby. Watching someone play video games is a great way to spend time together. Its just like watching sports. I'm not playing myself, but I am rooting for my honey to win, we talk strategy, laugh and mourne his deaths together. Many a time, I've yelled out loud "you go my honey, kill those zombies... watch out for the pinky monster, yikes - you need more health, you need the BFGun - oh no - your dead."

I like to watch many things, if I stop and think about it. The sun rise, my cat sleeping, a movie with my son. And lately, I like watching the spirits flying around my apartment.

My cat always notices them first.

At age 50 I am an artist, a psychic healer, a spiritual counselor, an author, a career counselor, a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a niece, and a friend. I can see things. I can hear things. What I like more than anything, I've discovered more so of late, is to watch things.

Video games aside, with a deep breath and calm center I love to step aside from my constant thinking, and judging, and watch. The witness is a good phrase for it. I like developing the witness within my consciousness, the Present as Presence. Something marvelous always happens. Notice the unfolding of the world around you, within you , breath and you will sense the swirl of energy - everywhere. They are everywhere.

You are both part of it and not part of it.

I think this is very cool myself. The calm sense of center, the watcher. Part and not part. As my evolution continues, I become younger as I let go of what I think I know. I like this process a lot. I have begun to practice this both in my meditation and in my waking self. It helps deepen the sense of I AM within me, and within us all, and the part of self that still needs to connect with the earth plane simultaneously.

When you meditate, do you sense the watcher within? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I highly recommend reading Eckhart Tolle's book "The New Earth" - it is truly an amazing teaching, and talks more eloquently than I could ever on this process.

As I look up from writing this, my first post on my new blog - I see that my husband is teleporting to the soul cube lab - gotta go. It's dark and demons are throwing fire balls at him, yikes. My cat is fast asleep and all is well with the world.

If you have a son, or daughter, wife or husband who plays video games - and they say, hey hon - want to watch? Try it, you'll like it.

RLS

No comments:

Post a Comment