Sunday, February 26, 2012

Respecting my elders

Ellen Wallenstein's photography is beautiful, and this project worth supporting. She is so close to her goal. I support her project. Please help her if you can: here is the link: http://www.usaprojects.org/project/respecting_my_elders "Respecting My Elders" is a collection of color portraits of creative persons over the age of eighty, photographed in their home and studios. They are the artists and intellectuals of my parents’ generation, whose wisdom and insight are important to our nation. Known as “The Greatest Generation”, and coming of age between the two World Wars, the effect of their contributions upon future generations is evident in their cultural legacies. As these people enter the last phase of long and productive lives, I believe they deserve to be celebrated. My photographs are meant to capture their spirit and beauty, and to inspire admiration by future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment